DeviceAtlas provides industrial grade device identification using HTTP headers, and by adding device intelligence to HAProxy a richer configuration is possible, allowing administrators to make decisions based on device type amongst other properties.
Key attributes of the capability:
- High performance, small footprint, and robust
- Market leading accuracy
- Global coverage
- Device type (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile and more; see our full list)
- OS and OS version
- Browser and browser version
- Browser rendering engine
The following 4 step process is all you need to do to get up and running.
- First ensure that you have the latest HAProxy code (1.6 or later).
- Download the DeviceAtlas API and data files from the links below.
- Compile HAProxy with following flags:
- Update the HAProxy configuration ensuring you set the correct path for the DeviceAtlas data file.
The free of charge offering has a restricted use license, for own usage only; no redistribution or derivative works are permitted. Contact us to upgrade or to enable usage as part of a service offering.
Download API & Data
Upgrading to Full Property Set
The freely available version of DeviceAtlas data is limited to a subset of our property set. The full commercial license offers a much wider set of properties but will work with this version of our API. To find out more about upgrading to to the full property set get in touch with us and we will glad to help.
Examples of reasons to upgrade:
- Rich data on devices
- Bot/crawler identification
- Licensing for Service provider usage
- Direct support from R&D